Re: [Tinycc-devel] What is the official git repository for TCC?

From: Anton Rolls
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] What is the official git repository for TCC?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:28:46 +1000

Anton Rolls wrote:

> Is "master" the official head?

To answer my own question;
what grischka wrote suggests that 'master' is really
the main git head that newbies should go for first.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2008-11/msg00029.html

And, if it helps anyone;
I managed to download and install TCC using git on
linux (Kubuntu 7.10) like this:

        $ cd /usr/local/src
        $ sudo git clone git://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git
        This created a 'tinycc/' directory.
        $ cd tinycc
        $ sudo .configure
        $ sudo make
        $ sudo install
        $ sudo make test
        $ sudo make install
        Seemed to go alright except some errors with tcc-doc.html, not created
because texi2html command not found.
        $ sudo apt-get install texi2html
        Ok got texi2html 1.76 installed.
        $ sudo make install
        Looks all good this time. No errors.

I tested it with my little shared object library project and it's working.

Regards,
Anton.