Re: [Tinycc-devel] about tcc for arm and windows ce

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] about tcc for arm and windows ce
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:07:35 +0200

Antonio Diaz Zamora wrote:
Hi people

I am porting the last tcc to Windows CE (for an iPAQ 114) using Microsoft Visual C++. I wrote some functions missing from the Windows CE runtime library, and the compiler already runs. Right now the compiler produces object files, however, I have not found the way to built the library, and when I try to define my own _start symbol, it doesn't works, saying that the symbol "_start" is not defined. I guess that symbol needs a special declaration... Can anybody give me a hint ?

By "library" you mean libtcc1.a?  In any case on windows it needs to
be build using TCC itself (this is because TCC knows only ELF format).
See build-tcc.bat for how it is made.

Also currently TCC does not give an error if it cannot find libtcc1.a
but it will complain later about missing symbols, such as _start.

Normally you could make a program without libtcc1.a as well, such as

        int _start(void) { return 1; }

Antonio Diaz Zamora