Re: [Tinycc-devel] Symbol collision for function error

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Symbol collision for function error
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:19:02 +0200

Andrea Fazzi wrote:
Hi all,

I wonder if is planned a fix for the issue described in the first part of the post below:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-04/msg00007.html

I'm developing a ruby binding for libtcc and I've got the same issue with the "error" symbol. Fixing the Makefile as indicated in the post solves the problem.

Why that patch is not in the mob branch? Is a glibc problem?

The patch is just a quick hack. If at all we could rename error
to tcc_error all over the source code.  Nut I'm not quite sure
that libc should have a symbol called "error".

And what is the problem exactly?  Does TCC use the wrong "error"
or does something else use tcc's error?  Also there should be a
warning AFAIK, with duplicate symbols in libraries.