Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86-64 on Windows?

From: Floris Bos
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86-64 on Windows?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:40:42 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:11:46 +0200, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
> There is support for Win64 on the current master branch.  It's pretty
> fresh but should work for the win32/examples as well as to compile
> TCC itself.
>
> To build you should be able to use build-tcc.bat.  You also need
> a 64 bit mingw compiler and yasm.exe (assembler).

Do I need any specific version?

I downloaded a 64-bit MinGW toolchain from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/
And Yasm 0.8.0 Win64 from:
http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/wiki/Download

Altough tcc itself compiles, building libtcc1-x64 fails:

==
> .\tcc -o tmp.s -E ../lib/alloca86.S

> yasm -p gnu -f elf64 -o alloca86.o tmp.s
tmp.s:8: error: invalid size for operand 1
tmp.s:9: error: invalid size for operand 1
tmp.s:28: error: invalid size for operand 1
tmp.s:29: error: invalid size for operand 1
==

Regards,

Floris Bos