[Tinycc-devel] cannot infer opcode suffix

From: pancake
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] cannot infer opcode suffix
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:17:49 +0100

I've been trying to build some .S files I generate with rcc[1]
using tcc and I got some errors. Looks like opcodes like:

push 20(%ebp)  ; are not supported

It doesnt supports labels starting with '.':

.LC0_0_end_frame0:

In GCC the labels starting with .LC# are hidden. (not exported as a symbol)

Another problem I have notified is that when compiling .S files
the error line number is +1 of the correct one. Here's an example:

  1  push %eax
  2  push -20(%ebp)  ; error is here
  3  mov $43, %ecx

tcc reports:
  a.S:3: cannot infer opcode suffix

It would be great if somebody can take a look on these bugs.

Thanks

[1] http://hg.youterm.com/rcc

--pancake