[Tinycc-devel] newbie questions

From: CHEN-CHAU CHU
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] newbie questions
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:44:47 -0600

hi, folks, I am learning to use tcc.  I need some help in using libtcc.
I am not sure this is the right place to ask such questions, please direct me to the proper places.

(1) it seems to me I cannot perform incremental compiling, to parse one string, relocate, run,
then parse another string, relocate, run, with the newly added code dependent on the first batch of code.
I think it can be done, only that I did not do it right.  I know I cannot reload the same string twice
because the embedded compiler (libtcc) knows machine state and that certain symbols have been created.

(2) I am unable to get libtcc to work on the windows side, using native windows or mingw+msys.  Most likely
I have missed something.

(3) I have no problem building the 0.9.25 source and run all the tests/examples on FC9 or FC10 + gcc 4.3.0
BUT, I will get segv when "make libtests" for FC14 + gcc-4.5.1, no problem for config/make/make-install

Great thanks for your help.

Chu