Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:04:24 +0100

Andrew Mulbrook wrote:
The goal is creating a 64bit ELF executable on Windows64.

That explains something.

I can give it another go around this weekend or separate it into a few if you want.

Your changes to Makefile and tccrun.c seem to break stuff.

Fwiw, I think a much safer approach here would be killing the #define and switching to <stdint.h> with uint64_t and friends. Of course, you'd need to provide that(or similar) header for non-standards compliant / older compilers. While that wouldn't eliminate the other challenge of portable "strto*" functions, it'd mitigate the cross compilers overly relying on architecture type sizes.

The address bits need to be defined for the target platform.  uint##_t
or uintptr_t don't do that.  (My mistake to mention that at all.)

--- grischka