Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets

From: Andrew Mulbrook
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Strange issue with 64bit section offsets
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:23:39 -0600

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:04 AM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
Your changes to Makefile and tccrun.c seem to break stuff.

Ew. I pushed a revert of the old patch and a new version that includes only minimal changes to write the 64 bit offsets.  I'm pulling on a few other issues with the high 4 bytes being used, but prolly won't have time to look at it for a few weeks at least. :-/

I'm guessing I broke the linux cross-compiler for Win64? If I enable cross-compilers on Win64 host, tccrun breaks for me now.  Adding the TCC_TARGET_X86_64 and TCC_TARGET_PE requirement to the win64_add_function_table allows compilation to finish.  Would the proper fix then gaurding on all 3 of TCC_TARGET_X86, TCC_TARGET_PE, and _WIN64?

The address bits need to be defined for the target platform.  uint##_t
or uintptr_t don't do that.  (My mistake to mention that at all.)

I was more thinking typedef uplong based on the target:

#if defined TCC_TARGET_X86_64
typedef uint64_t uplong

Regards,
Andrew