Re: [Tinycc-devel] First build reports back for Alien::TinyCC

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] First build reports back for Alien::TinyCC
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:38:21 +0200

Le vendredi 23 août 2013 14:54:57 David Mertens a écrit :
> Hello everyone -
>
> Useful build reports are coming in. Apparently the recipe is the main
> culprit at the moment, but I wanted to draw attention to a few things.
>
> BSD needs gmake for tcc's makefile
> ========
> OpenBSD --
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/bbabfece-0b9e-11e3-8a37-e2882d12fa71
> MidnightBSD ---
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/6126c2ba-0b97-11e3-b8b2-96b61dda783b
> FreeBSD --
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/4c80000c-0b9b-11e3-b8b2-96b61dda783b
> Related discussion -- http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=5279
>
> It looks like I need to tweak my build system and be sure to use gmake
> instead of plain old make on BSD systems. I'll modify the make system
> accordingly and we'll see how that goes.

Indeed and that's said in the README file since make is invoked by user.
However it only suggest gmake for OS X and FreeBSD, it should propose gmake
for OS X and *BSD I guess.

> Uncertain Mac Builds
> ========
> Report:
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/a8cee68e-0b9b-11e3-aead-6690681aeb38
>
> I'm not sure what's going on here. This is the only person reporting on Mac
> builds so far, and the error is always the same. I'm not sure if the
> problem is due to a strange setup on this person's machine, or if it's a
> more general problem.
>
> A particular surprise is that we're passing on an OS that describes itself
> as "Debian GNU/kFreeBSD". Never heard of that!. Anyway, I'll keep everyone
> posted as I refine the recipe.

Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is FreeBSD kernel with Debian GNU userland. It was a
Debian port for quite some time and since Debian squeeze is one of the
official release «architecture». Obviously Mac OS X shouldn't be detected as
Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.