[Tinycc-devel] Use an anonymous file to back mmap

From: Keren Tan
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Use an anonymous file to back mmap
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:21:59 -0800

Hi All,

I just submitted a tentative patch to the mob branch about mmap. When selinux is enabled, tccrun.c uses mmap to hold the dynamically generated code/data. It is backed by a randomly named file under /tmp directory. My patch is to use an anonymous file in mmap instead, so that the generated code/data only resides in memory, and tcc does not depend on a writable /tmp anymore.

tcc is fantastic! I am new to this community. Your comments are very welcome!

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/935d8169b8e3570f1a5e726c5295be2f460c1540

Best,
Keren Tan