Re: [Tinycc-devel] signed zero handling is still buggy

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] signed zero handling is still buggy
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:48:45 +0530

Michael Matz <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sun, 12 Jan 2014, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
>> There's still a bug related to signed zero support.
>
>I think I've fixed that now on mob [1].  In particular +x is regarded
>as
>no-op for floating point types (for integer types it's still x+0 so
>that
>the promotions still happen automatically).  And unary -x is now
>expanded
>as subtract(-0,x) for floating point types (hacking in real support for
>
>unary operations would have been more complicated and would have
>entailed
>changes in all backends).
>
>I've also included your tests in tcctest.c.

Great, thank you very much for this. I don't have time for tinycc for a few
days and    I'm glad I won't have to look into this later. I'm sorry you saw my
previous attempt at solving this bug. I didn't think enough and only considered
constant number. I was hoping there was no problem worth the general case but I
can't see how that would have been the case.

And great thanks for adding the test as well.

Best regards.

Tom