Re: [Tinycc-devel] Drop OABI and FPA from arm-gen.c

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Drop OABI and FPA from arm-gen.c
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:19:11 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:22:03PM +0800, Thomas Preudhomme wrote:
> No new hardware come with a FPA unit as far as I know and
> kernel FPA implementation was removed from the Linux kernel a few
> versions ago.

Russel King wanted to remove the NWFPE emulator in April 2013 because
of licensing issues, but Linus overruled him. It is still available
in 3.14-rc2.

> Also you might yourself have some hardware
> or installation with them

I do still have the SL-5500 that I used back then to develop the
TinyCC ARM backend, but the only thing I do with it these days
is to recharge the battery.

I suppose that doesn't change your mind, does it?

How about a big fat warning to users of ARM OABI in 0.9.27
before it is removed once and for all an 0.9.28?

Best regards,

  Daniel