Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sugggestion: Add lib type *.c fortcc_add_library() on

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Sugggestion: Add lib type *.c fortcc_add_library() on windows ('-l' option parse)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:53:09 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
With this patch, we won't need to make the "libname".a library, and
also can use -l option. It will search for the *.def file, if succeed
it will do an extra search for the *.c file.

And what if "dllname.c" is the source of "dllname.dll" as it much
more likely happens in peoples' projects?

Then your patch would load both the dll and its source, causing
strange behavior that people cannot explain, due to a side-effect
from a "feature" that isn't documented anywhere.

As to the other part - searching ".c" as library:  If you think
that is useful then why is it for windows users only?  And how are
people supposed to benefit if it is not documented?

I use my patched version all the time. It works well.

Fine, great.  But do we really need this in everybody's public
"mob" version? :P

--- grischka