[Tinycc-devel] Mob has been reverted

From: David Mertens
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Mob has been reverted
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 23:06:50 -0400

Hey everyone,

I have pushed a reversion of the mob branch to http://repo.or.cz/

This process involved starting with grishka's commit on April 17, cherry-picking grishka's commit from May 8, and merging the previous state of "mob" (as of June 22) into this new line using the "our" strategy. The "our" strategy basically says, "don't actually apply any differences from the other branch, but link it to the history." Thus, if you look at the history of the current mob branch, it states that jian has made many commits in the recent history, but none of those code changes appear in the current state of the files in the mob branch. (Note that all other commits in the history were either not discussed, or were revisions of not-discussed commits.)

This, at least, is what I intended to do. I would appreciate if others could double-check that I performed the cherry picking and merging correctly. I do not perform this sort of work often.

This reversion does not invalidate jiang's work. jiang has demonstrated tremendous enthusiasm for improving tcc, and I think everybody here appreciates that enthusiasm. The problem is that jiang did not discuss the changes with the mailing list before pushing them. jiang, please filter your future contributions through a conversation on the mailing list before committing your work to mob. In the end, everybody will be happier with the result! :-)

David