Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is static linking functional?

From: Evan Langlois
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is static linking functional?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:51:24 -0500

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Wendell P <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you. Now I see my problem. From the docs, I misunderstood the role
of the "-static" switch. I thought it *allows* linking a static library.
Actually, it *prevents* linking any dynamic library. So, when "-static"
is used, TCC stops at the first failure to find a required static
library.

This makes  sense.  Most people that want a statically linked binary would want ALL the binaries statically linked.  I believe the "static" refers to the binary being statically linked,  not a particular library.