Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is static linking functional?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is static linking functional?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:40:46 +0200

Wendell P wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014, at 01:02 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I have tried a few methods to produce an MSVCRT in ELF format suitable
for static linking with TCC on Windows, but so far no success. If you
Why would you do this?

At this point, I'm just trying to see if it is even possible. TCC has
this "-static" feature, but it appears to be unusable (at least on
Windows).

Why should we comment about the usability of -static if you
don't even know that it means?

Anyway.  "-static" is not a feature, it is a switch.

The feature is "static linkage".  It is the ability to link
static libraries and is always present in tcc.

To link the hello_dll.exe example with the code from dll.c
statically:

        tcc -c dll.c -o msg.o
        tiny_libmaker msg.a msg.o
        tcc hello_dll.c msg.a

Note: No "-static" anywhere.  Recipe for dynamic linkage is in
tcc-win32.txt.

-- gr