Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to use char "\"

From: Charles Gordon
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to use char "\"
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:56:21 +0200

On 30 sept. 2014, at 23:09, Evan Langlois <address@hidden> wrote:

>> It's called RE2, and is written in C++, so tcc won't handle it.
>>

> Aww ... now I'm sad!   Thanks for the info though.  I wonder what sort of
> hackery it would take to get GCC to compile it and then get tcc to link with
> it.  I know its possible, but you have to work around the name mangling.

The kind that would turn tinycc into hugecc, and a terribly important amount of
work !

Yet it would still fall short of add regex support to tinycc at the source
level.

Specifying regular expressions as C strings is horrible: you have to escape all
\ characters, which makes them even more obscure.

Chqrlie.