[Tinycc-devel] What license for arm64?

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] What license for arm64?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:39:34 +0100

Hi all,

I'm very happy to see that TinyCC is going to have arm64 backend. Thank you
for that.

As you may know, TinyCC license is far from clear. Part of the code is under
GNU Lesser General Public License while other parts are close to BSD license
(see RELICENSING).

Daniel Glöckner, for example, asked to keep arm-gen.c  under LGPL.

For arm64, Edmund says:

* Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
 * are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
 * notice and this notice are preserved.  This file is offered as-is,
 * without any warranty.

Which, with my non-lawyer eyes, looks similar to proposed text in
RELICENSING.

As much as possible, could TinyCC use either LGPL or text in RELICENSING

M2c.

Christian