Re: [Tinycc-devel] What license for arm64?

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] What license for arm64?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:01:55 +0000

Christian Jullien <address@hidden>:

> As you may know, TinyCC license is far from clear. Part of the code is under
> GNU Lesser General Public License while other parts are close to BSD license
> (see RELICENSING).
>
> Daniel Glöckner, for example, asked to keep arm-gen.c  under LGPL.
>
> For arm64, Edmund says:
>
> * Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
>  * are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
>  * notice and this notice are preserved.  This file is offered as-is,
>  * without any warranty.
>
> Which, with my non-lawyer eyes, looks similar to proposed text in
> RELICENSING.

Yes. It's this:

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Other-Files.html

I believe it's compatible with everything else you mentioned.

I'm happy to replace it with the exact text in RELICENSING if that's
what people prefer.

(Note, by the way, that one of the files I contributed is not linked
into tcc and not even used by any Makefile recipe: lib/testfp.c is a
separate test that interested people can run for themselves. You don't
need to worry about licence compatibility for that file.)

Edmund