Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dollar Sign in Identifiers Extension

From: Daniel Holden
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dollar Sign in Identifiers Extension
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:49:49 +0100

Hi,

I like the idea of using std=c99 to disable. I believe this is how gcc/clang handle it. But ultimately I don't mind too much. gcc/clang use the switch "-fdollars-in-identifiers" (I've attached a modified patch) although in almost all cases it is enabled by default so they also provide "-fno-dollars-in-identifiers".

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.4/gcc_3.html

I'm mainly interested in this change because I'm working on a new version of my library Cello: http://libcello.org/ which uses `$` and several variations of as macros. There is also RayLanguage which also uses it as a macro for a kind of ObjC style message passing: https://github.com/kojiba/RayLanguage . But I can also put together some test cases using it in the various ways (variable, function, macro, define, etc) so make sure it is completely covered.

Thanks,

Dan