Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dollar Sign in Identifiers Extension

From: Daniel Holden
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dollar Sign in Identifiers Extension
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:36:23 +0100

I've attached a patch that allows for dollars in identifiers when GNU extensions are enabled. Apologies if there are any issues with my patch, this is my first time using `diff` and `patch`. I've tested it on the tcc suite along with a library that makes fair use of dollars in identifiers and it seems to be working well.

I can change the functionality to use a tcc switch if that is preferred but I figured this is a pretty non-intrusive GNU extension which shouldn't break any existing code so it should be okay included with the rest of the GNU extensions.

I've very little experience with assembly. I know that $ has special meaning in x86 ASM and that some platforms don't support it as a symbol name. Could anyone with more knowledge tell me in what cases this patch might interferer with `tccasm` so I can test it.

Many Thanks,

Dan