Re: [Tinycc-devel] Nevermind my previous comments. I just made an error.

From: arnold
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Nevermind my previous comments. I just made an error.
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:49:53 -0700

Vincent Lefevre <address@hidden> wrote:

> IMHO, nowadays, it would be better for the user if compilers reject
        ^^^^^^^^
> implicit declaration of functions by default, since warnings can
> easily remain unnoticed since an implicit declaration is an obvious
> bug or at least very poor & non-standard coding.

Coding styles have changed over the years. I don't disagree with you,
but remember that there are millions of lines of C code out there,
written who knows how long ago. Compilers have to support such
code bases, which is why the C standard didn't disallow implicit
declarations.

'nuff said.

Thanks,

Arnold