Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning

From: Vladimir Vissoultchev
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 01:04:29 +0300

Ok, here is a new version of the patch that uses custom allocators for small
instances of `TokenSym`, `CString` and `TokenString`. I'm getting at least
15% boost here (45MB/s -> 55MB/s) as the `malloc`/`free` calls get down to
less that 1% of overall exec time in the profiler.

This approach is preallocating at least 3MB of RAM for tiny instances,
configurable through the new TOKSYM_TAL_SIZE, CSTR_TAL_SIZE and
TOKSTR_TAL_SIZE in tcc.h along with the limit on instance sizes the
allocators consider. With current settings I'm geting on all allocators no
more that 70% buffer usage on (5 times) nginx sources compilation.

cheers,
</wqw>