Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning

From: Vladimir Vissoultchev
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Preprocessor performance tuning
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 15:26:59 +0300

Probably on this large input some allocators get exhausted and fall back to
standard malloc/free.

In current patch I've increased `TokenString` allocator capacity to 2MB
(increasing total preallocations to 4.25MB) and implemented
TAL_DEBUG/TAL_INFO conditionals for debugging mem leaks and collecting stats
on the allocators incl. count of over capacity allocations (in `nb_failed`
member).

With latest tweaks I get ~58MB/s compilation speed on average, up from
46MB/s by latest mob before the patch.

IMO this is ready to be pushed to mob, unless someone finds something
troubling with the modifications proposed.

cheers,
</wqw>