Re: [Tinycc-devel] Commit caebbc3 breaks test 60 (enum redefinition)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Commit caebbc3 breaks test 60 (enum redefinition)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 20:13:56 +0200

David Mertens wrote: ---
Hello grischka,

Your commit caebbc3, "tccgen: scope levels for local symbols", breaks test
60_enum_redefinition on 32-bit Ubuntu 15.10. The test should error out
saying "error: struct/union/enum already defined", but now it errors saying
"main not defined". If a trivial main is added, it does not produce any
errors. So your change apparently removed a previously tested bit of error
reporting.

Let me know if you need more specifics about my platform to figure out the
problem.

No, thanks, enums are supported on all platforms ;)

Just was paranoid from a bunch of errors for tcc compiling itself
as well as tcctest.c. Turned out the bugs actually did exist.

Tried to fix it.

(still a feeling that the story might go on but let's see...)

-- grischka

David