Re: [Tinycc-devel] make libtcc reentrant

From: uso ewin
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] make libtcc reentrant
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:32:43 +0100

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Ulrich Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 11.12.2019 um 03:58 schrieb grischka:
> >
> > With multi-threading though, the underlying machine tcc code, should
> > account for
> > side effects of the shared execution space, so adds even a tiny bit
> > (and with the
> > best of efforts) of complexity. So that is not quite primitive and it
> > seems like
> > a condradiction with the "direct access to the machine" thing. It's
> > even is a bit
> > of odd, that tcc which is a C compiler, to use "second thoughts" in
> > its C code.
> Noone suggest multitreading. I was talking about makeing libtcc
> reentrant. Maybe i was unclear in the subject line.

reentrant mean you can potentially receive an interrupt in the middle
of your compilation, start a now compilation again and it will work,
It's a lot of work for a very small use-case
What it seems you wanted was the ablility to have more than one
TCCState.
I don't think current mob is really reentrant (I didn't test it tough)
but it should work with your use-case.
most reentrant code are multi-thread, so a lot of peoples mix
by mistake reentrant and mullti-thread, I've assume wrongly
that you wanted multy thread support.