Re: [Tinycc-devel] Introduce C2X _Static_assert syntax

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Introduce C2X _Static_assert syntax
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 18:47:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020, uso ewin wrote:

> Hello, as I was working on fixing _Static_assert bug,
> I've saw that it was fairly easy to add C2x _Static_assert
> syntax support to tinycc.
>
> the code is here: https://github.com/cosmo-ray/tcc/commits/static_assert_c2x
>
> The only difference with current _Static_assert is
> that we can omit the literal string.
>
> Is the code okay ?
>
> Are you ok to introduce C2x feature to tinycc ? (gcc allow this too)

Fine with me at least.  I'd say also without testing for anything like
-std=c2x, your call.

I have a mild preference for using parse_mult_str no matter if the
condition is true or false, obviating the need for an extra loop to skip
the STR tokens.  Remember that you need to cstr_free the string in that
case (which you can avoid right now only because tcc_error doesn't
return).

Ciao,
Michael.