[Tinycc-devel] sugar fork

From: Antonio Prates
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] sugar fork
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 22:25:29 +0800

Hi,

I was very happy to find out that the mob branch of tcc is being updated and seems to be working fine across linux and mac (where I tried so far).

I am just passing by to let you know I have forked tcc (mostly for fun), but also to make changes in the direction of my own interest, which is having a all in one include H file with a few additional helper functions to ease out using C as a scripting language mostly to be used together with bash scripts.

It's still in an early stage, but I was able to change the behaviour of tinyC to make it run in memory as default behaviour instead of outputting to a file, even without the '-run' directive. And also added a few other cosmetic and usability driven minor improvements mostly on the basic help section and options.

Also did add a script that helps me patch my fork with changes from this repo, (or could be adapted to do it backwards).

I am not sure if any of these changes would be of any interest to the general mob team/community. But I can help adding any of those changes to the main project, if it sounds useful.

Anyway, if anyone interested in my updates it's on https://github.com/antonioprates/sugar

Best regards and great thanks for keeping TinyC alive!
Antonio Prates