[Tinycc-devel] Retargeting TCC to a 8bit device

From: Bill Gaylord
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Retargeting TCC to a 8bit device
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:29:15 -0600

I am wondering if anyone has had an experience retargeting TCC to a 8bit micro or cpu? I am working on a homebrew CPU (have an emulator need to work on the hardware.) and I want to be able to write C code for it instead of just pure assembly.

My only concern so far with looking at how to retarget it myself is that TCC needs you to have floating point available.  Or am I just reading the document incorrectly?

Also I am wondering if I could not support some features of C in TCC. (For example. I literally can't do a long without using up 4 registers per number.

Also any pointers would be appreciated.

William Gaylord