Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc

From: rempas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:58:33 +0100 (CET)

27 Φεβ 2022, 19:29 Από ekaitz@elenq.tech:

>> With that in mind, I suppose that the differences between these two will be
>> the length of the registers. So someone should be able to modify the TCC's
>> "RISC-V64" version and make it support the 32-bit RISC-V with a couple of
>> changes to both the backend and in the frontend (I suppose things like
>> disabling 8-byte types for example).
>>
>> Any thoughts on that one?
>>

> I don't know about TinyCC's internals but RV64 and RV32 are very similar.
> There are only a couple of opcodes that change and some instructions (loads
> and stores) have to be adjusted but that's most of it.
>
> In some months I should be reading tinycc's internals so I could give a
> better answer or even implement this myself but I can't promise anything at
> the moment.
>
> Cheers,
> Ekaitz

Great! Just as I excepted! I was very interested on RISC-V (and still am) but
unfortunately at this point, I want to make a compiler and I have to start with
the front-end (and I mean learn how to do it) and then learn how to decode
instructions (I don't even know assembly properly tbh) and create binaries so I
should first create and make stable an x86-X64 backend and then I will add
support for RISC-V.

If the OP can wait some months that you may be able to work together on that.
Hope you both the best!