tramp-devel

Re: tramp (2.5.1.3 nil/nil); emacs-28.0.50: Can't copy a 1.4 MB file wit

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: tramp (2.5.1.3 nil/nil); emacs-28.0.50: Can't copy a 1.4 MB file with the plinkx method
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 21:51:40 +0200

Hi Michael

> I've extraced your file 2021-08-11_shard.tar.gz from the traces, and
> located it somewhere in my MS Windows VM. Verified, that I've extracted
> it properly (I could read your files, for example written in HTML, and I
> could see your pictures).

Right, the archive consists of a few R code files and some html
documentation with images.

> So it looks like sending a large string to your remote process does not
> work. Does it help to set tramp-chunksize, like
>
> (setq tramp-chunksize 500)

It didn't work, this time I'm attaching a file with the debugging
results and some comments.

> See also the docstring of that variable.

Unfortunately I can't apply your test because we only have password
access to theses machines (I'm fighting already since two weeks that IT
reconfigures that machine for keyfile access.)

Best wishes

     Dieter