[Traverso-devel] Release plans, todos

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Release plans, todos
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:51:14 +0200

Hello Traversians,

We could go on forever to add little features, optimize routines, fix nasty
bugs, but the world doesn't know about all those shiny new features, a
fabulous interface, so it's decided, at the end of next week, there should a
tarball that's ready to be released.

There are a few remaining things which I like to see either fixed and working,
or disabled for the time being.

* Translations:
The English, German and Dutch translations are in progress, if you want
another language translated, find someone who will do this for you, or do it
yourself :)

* Manual:
- Make note of the newly added SongPanel, and that right clicking with the
mouse on it shows the menu for your Song!
- Hold actions can be canceled now by hitting Esc.
- Make it clear that zooming and scrolling (shuttle) is done by [ Z ] and [
S ], these are just some simple actions, used a lot, and one might not
realize they are in the Song menu to be found!

* Plugins:
For now, when a plugin only has one in and one out, I'd like to duplicate the
plugin for the second channel for a Track.
The Plugin dialog will then manipulate the parameters of both plugins at the
same time, just for the sake of simplicity... Any objections/suggestions ?

* CD export:
It looks like cdrdao can handle multiple files just fine, what about using
that to create a usable toc for Song(s) export ?
Nicola, do you think you can make Song export work before the end of next
week?
If not, no problem, then we could look into that for a next incremental
release or so.

If you like to finish something you're working on, please, try to merge it
within a week.

Of course, testing to find bugs that are really important, like crash bugs, or
data corruption/loss, and then a release....

Have fun,