Re: [Traverso-devel] Release status

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release status
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:54:15 +0200

> > Stabilizing cvs is still ongoing, I've tried to make the CD export
> > function more stable today, a number of bugs were fixed, NO new features
> > are added.... ?
>
> Oh, sorry. The clip-lock feature... I just couldn't resist... It was the
> last one, promised! ;-)

Heh, ok!
And if you fix the bugs introduced with this new feature, you're again my
hero :-P

> I'll add the sections "Plugins" and "CD-Writing / Export" to the manual
> until Sunday,

OK, that would be great.

> hopefully. Anything else I should do? I'll also revert the
> changes to the TOC file export, which allow to have a custom pre-gap at the
> beginning. (It seems we found a consensus on that feature for the coming
> release.)

Yeah, that would be the best way to go indeed. No custom pre-gap feature for
the coming release, and I'll leave it to you guys if it'll be added for the
release after the next one :)

With a bit of luck there will be an up to date Windows installer, can you make
a binary for Mac OS X with cdrdao included for cd burning?
If cdrdao is problematic, just leave it out for now, we can add a simple patch
for mac os x that disables the cd burn tab then...

There is also an autopackage [1] in the making, which makes distribution of
ready to run binaries easier, and more solid, that is, more chance of a
working binary independent of the distro in use.

Greetings,

[1] http://autopackage.org/