Re: [Traverso-devel] stuff to be done for 0.42.1

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] stuff to be done for 0.42.1
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:17:36 +0100

> > I'll try to find out if wodim works on OS X, too.
>
> I'm rather confused by wodim, cdrecord and cdrdao which seem all the same
> software, one with more bugs, another with even more bugs, and I only can
> get
> cdrdao to except a toc file.
>
> However, wodim seems the only one that is able to nicely list all the
> devices,
> so I'm gonna use it for that _only_ if it's available, and do all the
> other
> processing with cdrdao, since that works fine atm.

I couldn't even find the web page of wodim... Since the devices are hard coded
in the os x port, I'd rather stick with cdrdao, and maybe later use the native
cd writing function of the OS. (If we could export the cd tracks as individual
files, using the native libs should be relatively simple. As long as we don't
want to burn on-the-fly, that is.)