underware-devel

[Underware-devel] Set and players and balls and paddles

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Underware-devel] Set and players and balls and paddles
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:15:07 +0100

        Hi,

        It would make my life a lot easier if you could provide me
with the following. Although I could extract semantic information
(what you call dummies) from the 3DS files, it's not really easy with
OpenSceneGraph. Since we won't stick to the 3DS format, it may be
overkill to patch OpenSceneGraph for the purpose of the pong demo.

        - The set (ok as it is)

        - A 3DS file with a simple rectangle that matches
          the inner bounds of the table (the bounds on which the ball
          will bounce), with coordinates that exactly match the table
          in the set.

        - Separate 3DS file centered on zero for the player, paddle and
          ball (I assume that's what you already gave to me).

        - A 3DS file with a simple rectangle that matches the floor around
          the table so that I can place the players on it.

        I understand this is not the proper way to go, but it's for testing
purposes ;-)

        Thanks in advance,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97