[VM] imap protocol error after upgrading from 8.1.93 to 8.2.0a (stunnel

From: Kyle Farrell
Subject: [VM] imap protocol error after upgrading from 8.1.93 to 8.2.0a (stunnel issue?)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:35:05 -0800

I've decided to take the plunge and stop using vm-spool-files and read
imap mail from the server.  This is working somewhat ok in 8.1.93, and
I know some imap updates have made it to the more recent releases, so
I wanted to try it in 8.2.0a.

However, with 8.2.0a I'm getting an imap protocol error ("missing CR
before LF - possible connection problem") from vm-imap-read-object.

I'm using imap-ssl via stunnel version 4.44 connected to Microsoft
Exchange.  I'm under the impression from related threads that the
version of stunnel is important for imap-ssl with MS Exchange.  What
version(s) of stunnel appear to be working for people using MS
Exchange?

-Kyle