Re: [VM] bug on running vm-visit-imap-folder?

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] bug on running vm-visit-imap-folder?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 10:58:46 +0100

Robert Marshall writes:

> I assume this is unintended, anyone else seeing this? Is it attempting
> to read the password before it knows which imap folder?

If you attempt to tab-complete the folder name, then VM has to ask the
server for the list of folders.  So, it needs the password.

However, you are saying that the password reader is giving an error.  Please
file a bug report with the exact key strokes that cause this to happen.

(The two separate prompts have been fused into one, quite some time ago I
think.  The original separate prompts were before I had figured out how to
merge them into one.)

(If you want the password handling to be really smooth, you can use an
.authinfo.gpg file.  Check the index in the manual under "passwords".)

Cheers,
Uday