Re: [VM] Problem running vm-8.09 / XEmacs 21.1.3 Solaris SPARC

From: JACKSON
Subject: Re: [VM] Problem running vm-8.09 / XEmacs 21.1.3 Solaris SPARC
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:07:23 -0500 (CDT)

A h/w failure resulted in a mail semi-outage.  A secondary spool caught
mail that didn't hit primary, but overlaps with deleted mail etc. etc.

Hence the goal posted.  Installing a compiler to compile the latest
XEmacs to run the lasted VM in to sort the mailspool didn't strike me
at the time as the fastest way to get the mail sorted.  I didn't care
if XEmacs 21.1.3 wasn't the latest and greatest, or for that matter,
vm 8.09.  Googling sort mbox mail file produced similar queries for
similar reasons for which someone posted vm as the solution.  That's
why I downloaded a pre-compiled binary, rather than install gcc and
compile XEmacs from source.  Sorting the mail is my goal rather than
equipping myself with compilers and latest Emacs-based text editor.