[VM] vm and [emacs] desktop

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [VM] vm and [emacs] desktop
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 08:31:24 +0000

I've used desktop.el as a means of getting emacs pre-loaded with all the
files I want and have normally made sure that when I exit emacs I close
down any vm buffers first. Recently emacs desktop has changed so that
the current state of emacs is saved on the fly and thus if emacs crashes,
on a restart my vm imap cache files are loaded but they don't
appear as a VM INBOX

The desktop file entry looks ok
(desktop-create-buffer 206
  "/home/robert/Mail/imap-cache-10fa627ba88db87c673417642ff5d908"
  "INBOX"
  'vm-mode
  '(hi-lock-mode)
  71693785
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  '((buffer-file-coding-system . raw-text-unix)))
I'm guessing that the buffer creation doesn't know how the connection is
to be made to whatever server is being used?

In addition the desktop-saved-frameset has the VM frame listed but the
buffer it's meant to be showing is 'INBOX Presentation' 'INBOX Summary'
which doesn't appear in the buffer list, so the extra frame appears but
it showing a random buffer.

Uday have you given any thought to how to hook up desktop to vm? I think
this is a missing feature rather than a bug

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/