Re: [VM] vm and [emacs] desktop

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: [VM] vm and [emacs] desktop
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 15:59:11 +0100

On Tue, Nov 04 2014, Uday Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Robert Marshall writes:
>
>> on a restart my vm imap cache files are loaded but they don't
>> appear as a VM INBOX
>>
>> The desktop file entry looks ok
>> (desktop-create-buffer 206
>>   "/home/robert/Mail/imap-cache-10fa627ba88db87c673417642ff5d908"
>>   ...)
>
> Well, the IMAP cache files have such ugly names just to dissuade you from
> thinking they are just files!  The real "file" for an IMAP folder is on the
> mail server.  So, you should delete the imap-cache buffer that Emacs
> recovers and visit the folder in the usual way.

Reading these message I started tinkering to prevent vm to download
messages unless I really open them.

I tried to change the value of vm-imap-max-message-size variable, but
I did not get the desired behaviour. What did I wrong?

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO