Re: [VM] Forcing Unicode with text/plain

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Forcing Unicode with text/plain
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 21:59:24 +0000

Sorry, somehow your messages didn't arrive into my normal inbox, and I am
just seeing them.

> Using VM 8.1.2 I received a message labeled as

> but with Unicode ( \342\200\231 ) in the body. If the header had
> specified a charset, like

> VM would have displayed the Unicode character ( $,1ry(B )
> properly. How can I have VM always assume that a plaintext message is in
> Unicode?

I don't think there is a way.  UTF-8 needs decoding.  If there is no header
saying so, no decoding will be done.

Perhaps you can write a function that adds "charset=UTF-8" to all the
text/plain parts of a message?

Cheers,
Uday