Re: [VM] VM is awesome (was vm-save-buffer) (Hugo Geir)

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] VM is awesome (was vm-save-buffer) (Hugo Geir)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:33:32 +0000

Robert P. Goldman writes:

> Is there any way to have VM open multiple inboxes upon startup?  E.g., I
> have a work IMAP account and a personal IMAP account.  Can I have VM
> start up with both of them open, ideally in different tabs?

You can define little elisp functions to do whatever you want. Here is a
sample function that I use to open the vmrocks account (via a virtual folder
that includes both its INBOX and Sent folders):

(defun vmrocks ()
  (interactive)
  (vm-visit-virtual-folder "vmrocks")
  (vm-get-new-mail))

or you could use more simply

(defun vmrocks ()
  (interactive)
  (vm-visit-imap-folder-other-frame
        "imap-ssl:imap.gmail.com:993:INBOX:login:usr.vm.rocks:*")
  )

You can try doing it with multiple visits and see if it works.

Cheers,
Uday