Re: Saving vs deleting attachments

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: Saving vs deleting attachments
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:00:48 +0100

On Fri, Jul 09 2021, Daniel Barrett <dbarrett@blazemonger.com> wrote:

> On July 9, 2021, Robert Marshall wrote:
>>The keybindings for saving and deleting attachments are rather close on
>>the keyboard C-c C-s vs C-c C-d. On a couple of occasions I've pressed
>>the wrong one. Undo doesn't appear to work on this to repair the damage.
>
> If you accidentally press C-c C-d, in the worst case you can type "x"
> to exit vm without saving changes, and your deleted attachments will
> be unharmed.

Though I tend to be very poor at saving the folder so  normally there's
the potential of losing a batch of changes - though admittedly that is
usually only the work of going through and deleting those messages again!
But worth bearing in mind! thanks

> You can also change the keybinding for deleting attachments, but I
> imagine you've already thought of that. :-)

True, though I'm leaning towards the y-n prompt defadvice wrapping of
vm-delete-all-attachments

--
Robert Marshall               twitter: @rajm