vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:22:46 +0000

> Yup.  Sounds good.  I think this question of outside
> visibility and access is primarily a matter of
> Administration.  In addition to willingness to server
> as a public access point, persistance and bandwitdh
> also should figure in.  I can think of many uses of a
> VRS that would NOT want a publicly known entry point.
> But absolutly, one or more LDS's can be tagged as the
> primary published IP, hopefull including backups.  At
> this point, however, I don't see that we need to be
> concerned with it other than recognizing it as an
> administrative factor.

No - but LDS's must be designed from the onset as being
'publically advertisable' - which'll mean that the
Service Discovery Server thing will need to wired up
in some way to the Cluster for feedback etc.

This will affect the decision process of choosing a
suitable Discovery Server (UDDI/LDAP etc).

We want a common one for dotGNU don't we?

Chris
--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.