websec-users

[WebSec-users] New patches

From: Dominik Stadler
Subject: [WebSec-users] New patches
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:27:10 +0200

Hi,

I have submitted a new patch at the website that tries to add two new features
to websec:

1. Option to use HTML::Diff for producing the html-diff

I added a new possible value for the Diff-option "htmldiff" to use a different
HTML-Diff-Algorithm.

In the diff-output of websec I wanted to see deleted items also. webdiff
cannot do this and with the way it is written, it is also not easy to add it.

The patch adds a new small script "htmldiff" to websec (which I actually took
from the HTML::Diff package) that produces a diff between HTML-Pages via
HTML::Diff.

The options for ignoring certain differences are not working yet with this, I
will try to add these features to htmldiff also.

This should solve bug 3497

You need to download thw following two perl packages from cpan.org and install
them on the machine.

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/html-diff/HTML/Diff.html
Download at
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cpan/authors/id/E/EZ/EZRAKILTY/html-diff-0.52.tar.gz

and

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/Algorithm-Diff/Algorithm/Diff.html
at
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cpan/authors/id/N/NE/NEDKONZ/Algorithm-Diff-1.15.tar.gz

2. Option to only open a summary page when using "Program"

I added a new option "ProgramDigest = true" that will open only one page of
summary information with links to the diff-output for all changed URLs.

For this to work websec now stores the change-page under
../archive/name.diff.html in order to allow later access to the pages.

Dominik.