websec-users

Re: Setting up email

From: Baruch Even
Subject: Re: Setting up email
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:58:36 +0300

* Jay Strauss <address@hidden> [070801 18:38]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running websec on a linux server, which when I did the linux
> installation I never configured email.
>
> What email program do I need to configure for websec to be able to
> send me emails about changed pages?

As you were told you need to configure the local mail daemon, whatever
is installed on your system, the default for Debian is exim but postfix
is common as well. You only need to get it to send the mail locally if
you read your mail from that machine or forward all mail to another
machine (smart host) where you do read your mail.

Cheers,
Baruch