www-pt-br-general

[www-pt-br-general] GNU Translation -- edu-schools.pt-br.po

From: Hudson Flavio Meneses Lacerda
Subject: [www-pt-br-general] GNU Translation -- edu-schools.pt-br.po
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:17:38 -0300

Hi

I have attached a revision of "Por que Escolas Deveriam Usar Exclusivamente Software Livre" ("Why Schools Should Exclusively Use Free Software").

Changes: syntactic correction of the title ("porque" -> "por que"), a more usual expression for "digital divide" ("exclusão digital"), and a few other smaller fixes.

The title is marked fuzzy because we should consider this version: "Por que escolas devem usar exclusivamente software livre" (with "devem" instead of "deveriam"). I feel "deveriam" emphasizes the fact that most schools do not do that, whereas "devem" sounds slightly more as a moral obligation -- however, the difference is small (perhaps merely subjective), and the currently adopted version does not compromise the message. The same point applies to the translation "Por que o software deveria ser livre" (shouldbefree.pt-br.html), that, by the way, contains the same syntactic error: "porque" instead of "por que".

Regards,
Hudson Lacerda

URGENT: Save HTML5, save the internet:
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/no-drm-in-html5