xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] [Fwd: Re: AW: [sr #103871] Verifying GUI-Testresults wi

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] [Fwd: Re: AW: [sr #103871] Verifying GUI-Testresults with xnee using the Tool "xgrabsc"]
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:21:50 +0100

> email message attachment, "Forwarded message - Re: AW: [sr #103871]
> Verifying GUI-Testresults with xnee using the Tool "xgrabsc""

The options were designed to be used like this.
But I really think you should delay the checksum calculation so you
interfere as little as possible :) You can calculate the checksum after
having recorded/replayed the entire sessions.

> > Above script should be in directory, wich is included in PATH
> > -variable.
> > First row inside myScreenCaptureAndChecksum.sh should be a special
> > comment:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash    (or some other script command language interpreter)
> >
> > ...and after that your preferred screen capture command, which will
> > use string (which
> > can be found on your program window title bar) to identify windows
> > which should be captured:

What's done right now is:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5167

> > $TITLE="DbVisualizer Free 4.0.4 - /home/ryhanvei/.dbvis.xml"
> > CHECKSUM=`xwd -name $TITLE | tee /mnt/rd/made_by_xwd_xy.xwd |
> > md5sum`
> > CORNERS=`xwininfo -metric -name $TITLE|grep Corners`
> >
> > ...and then some code which check $CHECKSUM against checksum which
> > was
> > saved when xnee script was recorded. If checksum fails, then
> > maybe .xwd
> > file should be read in from ramdisk by some converting program (for
> > example
> > imagemagic convert utility) and write out to real disk in compressed
> > format.

Comparing the pics is a good way to verify the result too.

> > If using external, fully independent "binary shell program" to
> > define
> > used screen capture program name, then there is much more
> > flexibility
> > compared to situation where screen capture program is built (or
> > nested)
> > inside cnee.

That's why we implemented the exec functionality in Xnee. But I think it
may sometimes be hard for a user to set up a sort of "nightly build
automated regression test verification using cron-job or whatever", so
the missing thing right now are scripts implemented in such a way that
they can be used as they are (or with small modifications).

Optionally the scripts will present the results on a HTML/XML page.

/h