Re: [Adonthell-general] Artists job proposal first draft

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Artists job proposal first draft
Date: 08 Apr 2002 20:38:34 +0200

> It's pretty good, I think. Maybe a few more links (to the gnu site, for
> example) where appropriate. The demo should be mentioned, of course, and
> a pointer to the screenshots wouldn't hurt either. As Ben said on IRC,
> as an appetize screenshots shouldn't be underestimated.

Right. Excepted maybe for mentioning GNU directly. I think that the
questions that will be risen will be "what about my copyright, as the
game is freely distributed?". This is classic to non-GNU aware, and I'd
prefer answering personnally and precisely to these questions instead of
redirecting to a website that could be misinterpreted.

> Oh, and I think we could post it everywhere as soon as W.E. is running
> under windows. Lot's of time will be wasted if we wait until we have a
> perfectly looking village with a number of NPC's using v0.4 done. Of
> course, we could do the v0.4 thing to attract even more people. But some
> help on actually doing it might speed things up significantly.

Agreed. Waste's Edge is convincing already, and we still could post
"work in progress" 0.4 screenshots.

> (I'd even be willing to reboot from time to time to test some windows
> binaries ;).)

Mmm. Goin' to cross compile some stuff this evening then! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org