[Adonthell-general] Character Stats

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Character Stats
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:30:40 +0200

Hi everybody!

I came up with a rough draft of the character stats, as well as with basic
combot mechanics. Here is my idea. The four types of stats are Strength,
Dexterity, Toughness and Willpower. Each of these has a value between 1 and 10.
A character starts with only a few points in each of these stats and when he
gains levels he gets more points to raise his stats (see experience). The
following table explains the effects each of the stats has as, while further
down I will explain the combat mechanics.

STRENGTH(1-10):  *5  = Melee attack rating
                 *1  = Melee damage bonus
                 *20 = Carrying Capacity

Dexterity(1-10): *5 = Ranged attack rating
                 *5 = Dodge value

Toughness(1-10): *1 = Armour Bonus
                 *5 = Poison Resistance

Willpower(1-10): *5 = Magic attack rating
                 *5 = Magic resistance

The way combat works is the following: First a character has to hit a monster,
than he has to damage it (and vice versa). The to hit percentage is calculated
the following way: 60% + Melee attack rating/Ranged attack rating - Dodge Value
of the opponent - the opponent's shield value (either 10%(small-) or
20%(medium-) or 30%(great-) shield) . Once an opponent is hit the damage
calculation is the following : Melee Damage Bonus (no bonus for ranged weapons)
+ The weapon's damage - the opponent's armour - the opponent's armour bonus.
The resulting number is substracted from the opponent 's health (it is not as
difficult as it may seem).

For magic attacks I would suggest that some (mostly enchantments and the likes)
use 50% + Magic attack rating - opponent's Magic resistance, while others that
deal damage directly should be handled just like weapons (ignoring armour where
this is appropriate).

Other stats such as fire resistance, movement speed increases or attack speed
increases, can not be gained with level advances, instaed they must be gained
by using spells, magic items, fighting feats and the likes.

Tell me what you think, the sooner the better, so I can start with spell and
item lists (see item format).

Nils
100 MB und noch mehr gute Gründe! Jetzt anmelden und profitieren. Da ist mehr
für Sie drin unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021103